The Next Generation of “Clean”
When most people think of clean skincare, they think of products that are free from a few well-known toxins and allergens. But for us, that’s just not enough - vulvar skin has its own unique needs. That’s why we choose ingredients that put the health, comfort, and balance of intimate skin above all else.
See our complete “free from” list.
- No essential oils*
- Why? Although they’re natural and smell great, essential oils can potentially irritate delicate vulvar skin.
- Why? Typically used as plasticizers, phthalates are potentially harmful to reproductive health.
- Why? Sulfates are what makes most personal care products foam, but they can irritate skin - our creamy cleansers deliver a rich foam without the sulfates.
- Why? Parabens are the preservatives of the skincare world, but they may disrupt natural hormones.
- Why? Propylene glycol helps skincare ingredients penetrate the skin, but may cause irritation or hormone disruption.
- Why? These can trigger severe allergic reactions for some people. We rigorously test all our products to ensure they’re gluten-free.
*With the exception of Coconut Lime & Grapefruit Verbena washes & wipes.
No Known Yeast Triggers
- Why? Glycerin is a yeast food source, and nobody wants that!
Microbiome Balancing Cleanser is the only body wash of its kind specifically formulated without known Malassezia yeast triggers such as esters, ceramides, amino acids, glycerin, and fatty acids.
No Common Comedogenics
- Why? Even though it’s a beloved natural ingredient, coconut oil can clog pores and lead to ingrown hairs and other irritating skin conditions.
*In leave-on products
What About Fragrance?
Many of our products are unscented and fragrance-free. If you prefer something that smells a little sweeter, our scented washes and wipes are formulated with low levels of fragrance (0.5%) for a sensory experience that’s still gentle on intimate skin.
We’re proudly certified Clean by the Ulta Conscious Beauty program, which means we formulate without these 30+ ingredients. We also leave out a number of cosmetic ingredients banned by the EU.To see a larger list of what ingredients our formulas are free from, click here.