Buff & Brighten | Body Exfoliating Pads
As if hair removal wasn’t irritating enough, the side effects can get under your skin—and create a dark cloud—literally!
WHAT: Buff & Brighten Body Exfoliating Pads smooth ingrown hairs, banish bumps and razor irritation, while brightening the shadows and darkness associated with repeated hair removal on sweet spots like underarms, bikini area, chest, or legs.
This clean, clinical, 98% naturally-derived and pH-balancing formula has been safety tested and approved by Dermatologists and Spas, so you can both buff and brighten with confidence.
AHA (Glycolic Acid) + Natural Enzymes (Papaya & Pineapple) gently exfoliate and help prevent uncomfortable in-grown hairs, bumps and razor irritation.
BHA (Willow Bark Extract) helps fade the appearance of dark marks and even out skin tone over time.
Witch Hazel + Allantoin + Aloe Vera help soothe and diminish visible signs of irritation and redness.
WHY: Sebum and dead skin can block hair follicles causing the hair-shaft to grow in the wrong direction, thus creating bumps, irritation, in-growns—even infection. Dark pigmentation may be due to continued friction, hormonal changes, use of products formulated with harsh or skin-aggravating ingredients or repeated shaving. Enter Buff and Brighten, formulated with a concentration of AHA/BHA appropriate for sensitive intimate skin. Designed to hit the (sweet) spot, it smooths, soothes and brightens when (and where) you need it most.
CONSCIOUSLY CLEAN: We believe in (constantly) reaching for a higher standard of clean. That’s why we’ve formulated without any of the following ingredients that can throw your sweet spots off balance.
- Glycerin-free (potential food source for yeast)
- Essential Oil-free (Lavender, Tea Tree and Mint)
- Sulfate-free (known irritant)
- Propylene Glycol-free (known allergen)
- MIT-preservatives (skin allergen)
- Paraben-free (potential endocrine disruptor)
- Aluminum-compounds (potential endocrine disruptor)
- Phthalates (potential endocrine disruptor)
- Soy, Dairy, + Gluten-free (when in doubt- leave it out!)
- Water-impurities (we use only pharmaceutical grade water for the most sensitive skin)
- Recycle ready packaging
HOW TO USE:
Before Shaving: We suggest using our exfoliating pads up to 3x a week, on dry skin, before showering. Tip: leave shaving to last so your skin is perfectly prepped for the cleanest, closest shave.
Before Waxing: We suggest using our exfoliating pads the night before your waxing appointment to prep skin with gentle exfoliation. After your waxing appointment, use our oversized pads to soothe skin and help prevent in-grown hairs. Tip: estrogen levels can drop right before a menstrual cycle, causing a weaker skin barrier and therefore more sensitive skin and potential for dryness and irritation. If you menstruate, it can be best to avoid waxing at the beginning of your cycle. .
Hyperpigmentation : Irritation can cause further pigmentation – a sweet, gentle touch is best when using our exfoliating pads.
Bonus : swipe an unused pad underneath your arms as a clean, natural deodorant option!
Close lid tightly after each use. For best results, store upside down to allow liquid to evenly distribute throughout the pads – because…well… gravity!
- For external use only. Discontinue use if rash or discomfort develops. Dispose of pad after one use. Do not flush.
- Hyperpigmentation : Brightening treatments can be ineffective if inflammation is present. As a rule of thumb, the longer the pigmentation has been present, the longer it will take to see significant improvement.
- Pregnancy: Buff & Brighten contains AHA and BHA acids which some physicians suggest should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Sunburn: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and increase the possibility of sunburn. Use sunscreen and limit sun exposure to the areas you apply this product.